retaining video play position between navigation

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Hi
This is an excellent toolkit and saved me from 10s of hours. Thanks for putting up such a great tool out here.

I have a question, I would like to retain the video position between navigation like whenever user goes to a different page/app using back/Windows key. How to accomplish that. Do I have to do it manually like saving the time and position of the video and resume it from there once user goes there, or is there any other API call that am I missing?

Thanks
Ram
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2014 at 3:46 PM
What API are you using to play videos? MediaElement? Have you tried to use the Microsoft Player Framework?
Apr 24, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Hi I am using the YouTube player. This is what I am using await YouTube.PlayWithPageDeactivationAsync(_videoId, true, YouTubeQuality.Quality480P);. I haven't tried Microsoft Player Framework. Should I use Microsoft Player Framework instead.
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2014 at 9:52 PM
This method uses the player from the Windows Phone operating system and there is now way to get information about the playback state. You have to implement your own player in your app if you want to restore the playback state. The https://playerframework.codeplex.com/ provides APIs to do this...
Apr 25, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Yes, that's what I'm using. And I've found that they are using your framework internally. Cool.
Thanks a lot
Ram

Sent from my Windows Phone

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2014 at 10:37 PM
They are using MyToolkit?
Apr 25, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Look at the SMFYouTube sample they've put there. It references your framework. The recent one doesn't though.

Sent from my Windows Phone