YouTube Streams, Video and Audio Separated?

Nov 15, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Hello!

First off, this Framework is great but I have one problem. When I test a new released video with lots of Video Quality settings (including 1440p) I get only 2 Streams that have Video & Audio.
It seems to be that YouTube changed such that it keeps the Video Stream separated from the Audio one, which is a bummer for us!

Could somebody more experienced in the manner help me? Is this what is happening?
Also, is there a way, in Windows "Metro Style" to play the Video Stream and the Audio Stream at the same time? (bind the Play/Pause to 2 MediaElements or something)
Also for Downloading... is there a way to easily merge the Video and Audio?

Thank you very much!
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Correct, YouTube is now using adaptive streaming for audio and video and thus the streams are separated and played simultaneously.

Maybe the MS Player FW can help you?
https://playerframework.codeplex.com/
Nov 16, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Cool, but what URL should I use as source?
Coordinator
Nov 16, 2013 at 6:33 PM
You have to play an audio-only and video-only urls simultanously.. I dont know how to do this..
Nov 16, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Oh, ok. I tried doing that but I have problems syncing these streams...
Coordinator
Nov 16, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Does the ms player fw not provide this functionality?
Nov 16, 2013 at 6:40 PM
I don`t know... I have been using 2 MediaElements, and I am now trying with a PLayer FW and a MediaElement...
I know that the FW has the capability of playing smooth streams but I have no idea what to give it as a source...
Nov 16, 2013 at 9:21 PM
UPDATE!
I managed to do it by using a Player Framework for video and a MediaElement for audio. I synked the 2 using a timer and the ChangedPlayerState events.
Thank you for the help! ;)
Aug 18, 2014 at 4:12 AM
crisdorya wrote:
UPDATE!
I managed to do it by using a Player Framework for video and a MediaElement for audio. I synked the 2 using a timer and the ChangedPlayerState events.
Thank you for the help! ;)
Hi crisdorya, I tried using two timer to sync two MediaElement, but I got choppy I windows runtime program.

Can you tell me how you to solve this problem?

Thanks.
Sep 5, 2014 at 8:02 AM
Edited Sep 5, 2014 at 8:03 AM
I'm trying to solve this problem , but I can't do this. Anyone found the solution to play separated streams? I l was trying to sync the mediaelements but is not the best way to do that.
Apr 26, 2015 at 3:13 AM
HI crisdorya,

If you fixed your problem please let me know it too please...
Jun 1, 2015 at 2:33 AM
Edited Jun 1, 2015 at 2:38 AM
Hi everyone! i had the same Problem Long time ago and was searching for answers. The only way is by using two different Players and synchronize them. There is no way to get it 100% accurate but i've managed to get it working as Close as possible. I made a library which should make it easy to use and to add to any Project. My library was written for a Windows store app as part of a test but it should be easy to modify it in order to use it on Desktop apps.

Here the link:
http://1drv.ms/1KGzuEP

In the library you have a InternalPlayer class that has a method called "Playfile" which accepts two stream sources as parameter one for the Video and the other one for the Audio(default empty). The rest is done by the InternalPlayer class such as Play, pause, skip, synchronization etc. probably not the most beautiful way to solve the Problem but it works. Hope it helps.