MyToolkit built in .NET 4.0 framework?

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Hi,

I am developing a WPF .NET 4.0 Application for Windows 7 and I installed MyToolkit via NuGet.

When I am trying to debug the Project I get this error:
The type or namespace name 'MyToolkit' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
and the following warning:
The primary reference "MyToolkit, Version=1.24.0.0, Culture=neutral, processorArchitecture=MSIL" could not be resolved because it was built against the ".NETFramework,Version=v4.5" framework. This is a higher version than the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0".
When I am changing the target framework to .NET 4.5, everything is working fine, but I have to use .NET 4.0.

I am using MyToolkit.Networking to upload a file as showing here

Is there any Version of MyToolkit built in .NET 4.0?
Coordinator
Oct 7, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Edited Oct 7, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Hi,

As of now, there is only a .NET 4.5 project. But you can download the sources and manually change the project type to .NET 4.0 (I think it should compile):
https://xp-dev.com/svn/mytoolkit/

I'll try to create a .NET 4.0 version and distribute it over NuGet later...

I'm also working on a portable class library port which should target various frameworks at once...
Marked as answer by GeorgiosNET on 10/7/2013 at 5:06 AM
Oct 7, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Edited Oct 7, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Thank you very much for the quick response.

I did download the sources and compile it against the .NET 4.0 framework. As there was some other assembly reference issue, I just removed things that I dont need and recompiled and now I can use MyToolkit in my .NET 4.0 Project.

I'm looking forward for the portable class library port...
Coordinator
Oct 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Edited Oct 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM
The HTTP pcl port is available in the SVN (project MyToolkit.Http), you can test it with your existing code... (currently untested...)
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Check out https://mytoolkit.codeplex.com/releases/view/113218
Testing is very welcome :-)
Now there is also a Wpf 4.0 project (only a small part of MyToolkit available as Wpf 4.0 does not support a lot of classes in PCL)