GetVideoUriAsync on WP7 project

May 8, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I have installed from NuGet MyToolKit and Extended both at latest versions. However looking at package explorer I don't see a reference for GetVideoUriAsync and it is throwing a compiler error as well essentially stating it is missing.

I see on the homepage it looks like maybe you guys know of this and are about to release a new version of MyToolkit for support with WP7 projects that allows async. Is this related? If so do we have an ETA when that will go live on NuGet or should I use your project from source?
Coordinator
May 9, 2013 at 12:05 AM
In svn there is already async support... I can release a new nuget in next days...
May 9, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Thank you so much for the quick reply! I look forward to the NuGet release in the coming days.
Coordinator
May 9, 2013 at 12:11 PM
The new NuGet version is live. Please report if there are any problems...
(I created a new WP7 project and async works [MyToolkit.Multimedia.YouTube.GetVideoUriAsync is available])
May 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I have gotten the new versions and now see the GetVideoUriAsync in explorer as well as the compiler has stopped complaining about it missing. Now I get an error while trying to execute:

var url = await YouTube.GetVideoUriAsync(vidPath, YouTubeQuality.Quality1080P);

It says await needs to be run in an async method and to change the return type to a task.

Am I incorrect in thinking that since I am running an async method that this command can be placed in a standard method?

Thanks again for your help I really appreciate it.
Coordinator
May 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM
The method needs to be marked with async:

public async void Test()
{
var resp = await getyt(...);
}
May 9, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Awesome everything is working perfect now!

Thank you so much!

Mark