GetVideoUriAsync is not longer available.

Mar 12, 2013 at 6:41 PM
I am building a W8 metro app. I tried using GetVideoUriAsync(...), but it seems it is no longer available. I checked the class and used GetVideoUri(...) method as below:

var url = await YouTube.GetVideoUri("25tp9okx_wM", YouTubeQuality.Quality1080P, null);

But I get the following error -

Error 18 Cannot await 'MyToolkit.Networking.HttpResponse' c:\users\ashishj\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\MyMedia\MyMedia\MainPage.xaml.cs 43 23 MyMedia

and now if I remove the async keyword, I get the below errors:

Error 1 Payload file 'c:\users\ashishj\Desktop\MyMedia\mytoolkit-27689\WinRT\bin\Debug\MyToolkit\Controls\DatePicker.xaml' does not exist. MyMedia
Error 2 Payload file 'c:\users\ashishj\Desktop\MyMedia\mytoolkit-27689\WinRT\bin\Debug\MyToolkit\Controls\TimePicker.xaml' does not exist. MyMedia
Error 3 Payload file 'c:\users\ashishj\Desktop\MyMedia\mytoolkit-27689\WinRT\bin\Debug\MyToolkit\Themes\generic.xaml' does not exist. MyMedia
Error 4 Payload file 'c:\users\ashishj\Desktop\MyMedia\mytoolkit-27689\WinRT\bin\Debug\MyToolkit\UI\Popups\ListPickerBox.xaml' does not exist. MyMedia

Can you please help what am I messing up? Also, if you can point me to a simple sample usage of your library the get the youtube download URL?

Thanks,
Ashish
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Are you using the newest NuGet version of the library?