YouTube Get Video URI for WinRT

Sep 13, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Hi there,

I pulled down the source code and built it for my WinRT project.  But I keep running into the following errors.  Any ideas?

Error 1 Payload file 'C:\Users\Dele\Desktop\Work Docs\Development\Windows 8\Modules\Congress\Resources\Third-party\mytoolkit-22133\WinRT\bin\Debug\MyToolkit\Controls\DatePicker.xaml' does not exist. CongressWatch

Error 2 Payload file 'C:\Users\Dele\Desktop\Work Docs\Development\Windows 8\Modules\Congress\Resources\Third-party\mytoolkit-22133\WinRT\bin\Debug\MyToolkit\Controls\TimePicker.xaml' does not exist. CongressWatch

Error 3 Payload file 'C:\Users\Dele\Desktop\Work Docs\Development\Windows 8\Modules\Congress\Resources\Third-party\mytoolkit-22133\WinRT\bin\Debug\MyToolkit\Themes\generic.xaml' does not exist. CongressWatch

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2012 at 1:30 AM
Edited Sep 14, 2012 at 11:09 AM
I just downloaded the sources but it compiled without problems (Windows 8 RTM). What version of Windows do you use? Have you checked if the files in the errors exist? Maybe you can try to check out the project with Subversion (https://mytoolkit.svn.codeplex.com/svn).

Best regards
Rico Suter
Sep 14, 2012 at 4:45 AM
rsuter wrote:
I just downloaded the sources but it compiled without problems (Windows 8 RTM). What version of Windows do you use? Have you checked if the files in the errors exist? Maybe you can try to check out the project with Subversion (https://mytoolkit.svn.codeplex.com/svn).

Best regards
Rico Suter

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 13:26:28 -0700
Subject: YouTube Get Video URI for WinRT [mytoolkit:395454]

Hi there,
I pulled down the source code and built it for my WinRT project. But I keep running into the following errors. Any ideas?
Error 1 Payload file 'C:\Users\Dele\Desktop\Work Docs\Development\Windows 8\Modules\Congress\Resources\Third-party\mytoolkit-22133\WinRT\bin\Debug\MyToolkit\Controls\DatePicker.xaml' does not exist. CongressWatch
Error 2 Payload file 'C:\Users\Dele\Desktop\Work Docs\Development\Windows 8\Modules\Congress\Resources\Third-party\mytoolkit-22133\WinRT\bin\Debug\MyToolkit\Controls\TimePicker.xaml' does not exist. CongressWatch
Error 3 Payload file 'C:\Users\Dele\Desktop\Work Docs\Development\Windows 8\Modules\Congress\Resources\Third-party\mytoolkit-22133\WinRT\bin\Debug\MyToolkit\Themes\generic.xaml' does not exist. CongressWatch
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mytoolkit@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email mytoolkit@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sorry, I should have clarified.  Building the "mytoolkit" project was not the problem.  Once I referenced the dll in my project, and then built it, that's when I was getting the errors I mentioned above.

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Edited Sep 14, 2012 at 11:11 AM

It seems that in WinRT C# libraries, the XAML files are not packaged into the DLL (WTF?). Try adding the .csproj file to your solution instead of only the DLL. This should work for now... I have to find a solution to distribute the DLL with the XAML files... Adding the XAML files manually is not a good solution for me...

See http://timheuer.com/blog/archive/2012/03/07/creating-custom-controls-for-metro-style-apps.aspx

Sep 14, 2012 at 2:57 PM

I know.  It's a bit annoying.  I guess that's what we get for being early adopters.  ;0)

I'll include the project, and let you know how it turns out.

BTW, keep up the great work with this project.

Sep 14, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Edited Sep 14, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Progress!!

It built this time around.  This leads to my next question.

I have a YouTube video id of "8QIqqL7OXIU", and a query to the "YouTube.GetVideoUriAsync(...)" produced this URI result.

http://o-o---preferred---atl14s15---v9---lscache7.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?upn=SpAjeXy7e_Q&sparams=cp%2Cid%2Cip%2Cipbits%2Citag%2Cratebypass%2Csource%2Cupn%2Cexpire&fexp=920919%2C923600%2C905299%2C920917%2C922401%2C920704%2C912806%2C927201%2C913419%2C913558%2C913556%2C912706&key=yt1&expire=1347657904&itag=18&ipbits=8&sver=3&ratebypass=yes&mt=1347631633&ip=143.112.32.4&mv=m&source=youtube&ms=au&cp=U0hTTFZQVV9FTkNOM19OSllKOlNfMG1zcWlwaDlV&id=f1022aa8bece5c85

it doesn't seem to be a valid URI.  Any thoughts?  I'm also trying to investigate if YouTube added something to block the call.

Coordinator
Sep 15, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I've found the problem: YouTube has added a new parameter (signature). This parameter has to be read and added to the MP4 url. I've fixed the YouTube class. You can get the latest version by downloading it over Codeplex or using Subversion (not in NuGet yet). Please let me know if it is working for you now.

Note: I'll add WinRT in the next NuGet update. It will also contain all files needed for the library... (= should work out of the box)

Best regards
Rico Suter

Sep 16, 2012 at 3:29 AM

Incredibly fast turnaround.  I was still trying to figure it out myself.  Thanks for the quick update.  it works like a charm now.

Looking forward to the update to the NuGet package.