This project is read-only.

Issues installing

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I've installed MyToolkit and MyToolkit.Extended, along with all the other needed packages using nuget, but I'm having an issue using them in my project.

if I try using MyToolkit.Multimedia it says that multimedia does not exist in the namespace mytoolkit

I also get a similar error if i put this in the xaml
xmlns:Controls="clr-namespace:MyToolkit.Controls;assembly=MyToolkit.Extended"

I've tried numerous cleans, rebuilds, and reinstalls but nothing seems to be working.
Anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?
Jun 23, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Is it a wp7 or wp8 project?
Jun 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM
I had a similar issue when installing with nuget to a WP8 project. When I looked in the References for the project, just MyToolkit.dll was showing. I tried adding MyToolkit.Extended.dll directly to the references and it did not add it either (VS just ignored that I had tried to add it). I tried re-installing and still had the issue. I then downloaded the source files and added the references from that project, and then it worked for me.
Jun 23, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Thanks! that solved my problem
Jun 23, 2013 at 10:54 PM
The problem with this solution is that you cannot upgrade the library as easy as with NuGet and the newest sources may be unstable. I'll look into the problem tomorrow and I will release a new NuGet version with the fixed library...
Jun 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I just submitted a new NuGet package version and everything works on my machine... Can you please test it again using NuGet?
Jun 24, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Installing through NuGet worked correctly this time, thanks for resolving my issue so quickly!
Dec 19, 2013 at 8:03 AM
sgerha wrote:
I also get a similar error if i put this in the xaml
xmlns:Controls="clr-namespace:MyToolkit.Controls;assembly=MyToolkit.Extended"
It worked for me after changing it to xmlns:controls="using:MyToolkit.Controls"
Mar 25, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Edited Mar 25, 2014 at 4:20 PM
I also get the " 'Multimedia' does not exist in the namespace 'MyToolkit' " message in a Windows 8 project. I have tested with previous package versions and it seems to happen from MyToolkit.Extended package version 2.1.0, 2.0.14 does not give me the message.
Mar 25, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Try using 2.1.2. Same problem?