This project is read-only.

Problem with playing youtube video in WinRT

Sep 18, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Hi! 

I would like to ask You, how to play videos from youtube in Windows RT after signature was added to the YouTube class. Earlier, I used to call async YouTube.GetVideoAsync(videoId, quality) and bind returned Uri to the MediaPlayer from Microsoft Player Framework and it was working great. Recently I have changed MyToolkit dll to the newest, but there is a problem, because nothing is happening after binding a vaild uri (uri is OK, because I have tested it in the web browser). I have also tested standard Media Element but it also failed to play video.
Sep 19, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Edited Sep 19, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I don't use the YouTube class in WinRT, but if the URL is working it must be a problem with the MediaPlayer. Do you get an error message?

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Unfortunately, everything in the code is up and running and there are no errors during debugging.

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Can you send me a sample solution (as simple as possible)?

Sep 21, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I have just resolved my problem! It was caused by damaged drivers under Boot Camp on Mac and Media Element/ Media Player couldn't be launched. Thank You for your help, and great, great thanks for your work under developing MyTookit. It is very useful!

Oct 9, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Edited Oct 9, 2012 at 5:47 AM

Could you tell me how you resolved this? I'm having problems with MediaElement not working (with Youtube or Audio) and am also using Windows under Boot Camp.

Update: Never mind it was a problem with my code :)